FIRST NATIONAL ALL INDIA CYBER LAW ONLINE QUIZ COMPETITION
Scriboard Advocate and Legal Consultants – a leading technology law firm of India and its founding partner – Mr Rodney D Ryder, a leading cyber lawyer along with Enhelion have launched the registrations for the first National All India Cyber Law Online Quiz Competition to be held on the 2nd and 3rd of March 2019 [You can choose either of the dates to attempt the test]
Profile of Mr Rodney D Ryder, who is developing the quiz questions
Rodney D. Ryder is a leading technology, intellectual property and corporate lawyer. He is the founding partner at Scriboard®; He is the author of Guide to Cyber Laws: the Information Technology Act, 2000, E-Commerce, Data Protection and the Internet, the first section-wise analysis of the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000. He is presently Advisor to the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India on the implementation of the Information Technology Act, 2000. Mr. Ryder has been nominated as a ‘Leading Lawyer’ in intellectual property, technology, communications and media law by Asia Law, Who’sWhoLegal, Asia Legal 500, amongst other International publications.
Mr. Ryder is also advisor to the Data Security Council of India [a NASSCOM initiative] on the structuring of industry data privacy and information security policies and contractual standards. His second book, Intellectual Property and the Internet, published by LexisNexis is perhaps the only one of its kind in Asia. The text has been acknowledged to be an authoritative work by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and has been quoted in the first and only judgement by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India on domain names. He is advisor to the National Internet Exchange of India [NiXI] and a member of the panel of independent and neutral arbitrators with NiXI.
- The Quiz is open to anyone who has an interest in Cyber law or wants to learn more about Cyber Law.
- Students are required to participate individually and not in teams.
2. Registration process
- You can register for the quiz here
Registration fees: Rs. 499 /- per participant.
3. Details of Quiz
- The Quiz will be held online, covering various aspects of cyber and technology laws including blockchain, cryptocurrency and other related topics.
- The Quiz will be in an MCQ format, comprising a total number of 100 Multiple Choice Questions. The quiz has been divided into three broad categories – Easy, Moderate and Difficult
- The first 33 questions will be “easy” level questions that will test your basic understanding of Cyber Laws. Questions numbering 34 to 66 will be “moderate” level questions, testing your understanding of slightly technical aspects of cyber law. The remaining questions from 67 to 100, will be “difficult” questions testing your advanced knowledge on the subject.
- Each correct attempt will fetch you 1 mark, whereas, an incorrect attempt of a question will attract a negative marking of 0.50 marks.
- The duration of the Quiz will be – 70 minutes.
- The online system where the quiz will be conducted will “not” allow you to leave the test screen. If you try to leave the test screen, you will be warned and eventually end up losing your attempt and immediate disqualification from the quiz.
- The Candidates are required to attempt the Quiz at one go.
- In case of a tie between participants, only the ones who have scored more in the 34 difficult questions, shall be considered to have a higher rank.
4.1 There will be three winners [based on ranks 1 to 3]
4.2 Winners shall be awarded the following prize money:
- First Prize: Rs. 20,000 /- + merit certificate
- Second Prize: Rs. 15,000 /- + merit certificate
- Third Prize: Rs. 10,000 /- + merit certificate
- Consolation Prize: Rs. 1000 /- each to the next 5 winning candidates [Ranks 4, 5,6, 7, 8]
4.3 Online certificates of participation will be issued to all participating candidates.
5. Important dates
- Last date for registration: 18th February, 2019
- Date for online Quiz: 2nd March, 2019 and 3rd March 2019 [You can choose either 2nd or 3rd of March to take part in the quiz]
- Time for online Quiz: A student can attempt the test anytime between 00:01 hours on the 2nd March and 23:59 Hours on the 3rd of March.
- The test shall be deactivated on the midnight of the 4th of March at 00:00 Hours
- Declaration of answer key and individual participant scores: 4th March, 2019
- Declaration of final results: 7th March
6.1 The following are the topics that you need to study in order to take up the challenge and be the winner
- The Information Technology Act 2000
- Data Privacy and EU GDPR
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency and the Law
- Technology Contracts
- Domain Name Disputes – INDRP and UDRP
7.1 This is an online quiz granting flexibility to its participants. The participants willing to refer to search engines and books during the quiz will most likely fail to obtain merit in quiz considering the time factor and difficultly of the quiz. The quiz requires clear understanding of the subject and merely a reference to the text of it will not provide definitive answers. The participants are required to be fully prepared with the topic before beginning with the quiz.